I Bleed Words Sometimes

The Walk

20131005-064845.jpg
I walked the path to your beautiful little home.

To our beautiful little home.

The overwhelming familiarity made my steps heavier.

Each step killing me a little.

I started losing parts of me.

At every step something went missing, an eye, a hand, a leg, my shoulder, nose, ears, arms, thighs, face…

Every step took away a part of me.

When I reached your doorstep, our doorstep, there was just one thing left of me.

The faint throbbing of an aching heart.

Advertisements

11 responses

1. We must’ve been touched by the same muse tonight. This poem reminds me a lot of the words I just attempted to put down on paper to express the confusion and pain in my heart. You did it much better than I…

October 5, 2013 at 6:56 am

• Words are mere words. 🙂 I’m glad you liked mine.

October 5, 2013 at 7:06 am

• So wise, with those sort of Deep Thoughts, you might be a Modern Philosopher. 🙂

October 5, 2013 at 7:25 am

2. Sumit

loved it. Did you write it after you saw this picture, or did you search for it later?

October 5, 2013 at 7:01 am

• Thanks 🙂 searched for it later.

October 5, 2013 at 7:04 am

3. You are certainly one morbid gal… I like it!

October 5, 2013 at 7:47 am

• Lol I’ll take that as a compliment xD

October 5, 2013 at 7:48 am

• Oh please do! I thought the visuals were powerful. Although I imagined a perhaps more comedic scenario as all the parts went flopping to the ground — but the ending line brought back the solemn tone 🙂

If you have other similar “dark” themed (and short!) works, you might consider posting them on http://www.reddit.com/r/shortscarystories/ — 3 paragraphs or so to tell a “scary” story. This one would get a lot of up votes I think… if you’re looking for an ego boost tonight!

October 5, 2013 at 7:52 am

• Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll take it up as soon as I can 🙂

October 5, 2013 at 7:55 am

4. Adrine

October 5, 2013 at 10:25 am

5. Thank you for liking one of my poems.
    I hope you are able to find others that you enjoy as well.
    Please don’t be afraid to comment and share your ideas. I leave a question section at the bottom of my poems if you want to add something.
    Also, I cant wait to see what gems you have added to the world of writing.

~N
    ——————————-
    Forever is only as far as tomorrow will take us

October 6, 2013 at 10:25 pm