I Bleed Words Sometimes

Infidelity

What’s possession?

What’s faithfulness?

What’s loyalty?

How do I own another when I barely own myself?

I can love.

But how do I coax another, arm twist him into sweet surrender.

I can’t.

I won’t.

So l let him go. Like the river making it’s unending journey.

I don’t glance over once.

If I try to stop, it’s all in vain.

The stream stops for no one.

Not even love.

Not even loyalty.

Not even faithfulness.

Not even fidelity.

It’s not a trade we can chose.

Love is a gamble we lose.

Advertisements

8 responses

1. I’ve written a response to this pice. Its called Moths and Flames : http://urbansanyaasi.wordpress.com/2013/03/20/moths-and-flames/. I answered the questions you asked here/

March 20, 2013 at 9:53 am

2. My responses to this poetry aren’t getting posted. I tried yesterday. Hope it goes today.
    I loved this piece as it bare quite a truth…..truth that we can’t own our-self and then how can we define infidelity…

Love is indeed a gamble we all love losing..

I love your style of writing.;

March 20, 2013 at 12:38 pm

3. @Rajeev I’ve already told you how I feel about your kind words. I really really appreciate it. Your words really strike a chord, one that wouldn’t want touched. But nevertheless, I’m glad you wrote Moths and Flames.

March 20, 2013 at 1:31 pm

4. @ladywhispers šŸ™‚ Thank you! Means much šŸ™‚

March 20, 2013 at 1:32 pm

5. Ah! Brilliant poertry..

March 24, 2013 at 9:53 am

6. Mitchelle, wonderful writing here. The poem is an answer to many questions. I rarely come across words in one ensemble, which hold together the selflessness of love, and I must say, you have always done a fine job at that.

It is truly a pleasure to read your work and I urge you to keep the ink flowing.

March 24, 2013 at 11:30 pm

• Thanks Siddharth, At first I was apprehensive to put down my views on such q delicate topic. But I gathered the courage anyway. It felt good writing this down. šŸ™‚

March 24, 2013 at 11:43 pm

7. I wanna say thanks for publicing this awesome information. Keep up the great job. I’ll subscribe to your site also. Thnx!

April 16, 2013 at 6:16 pm